- No upcoming events. (I’m writing up my PhD thesis!)
Past Performances and Workshops
- 1st December – creative writing session for Touchstones Creative Writing Group
- 12th November – Everyday Magic and Mythical Maps, creative-critical workshop for the annual NAWE Conference, 11 – 13th November, Stratford-upon-Avon
- 21st October – Presentation ‘Maps: Making Meaning or Making Myth. Exploring Rochdale Cartographies’ sharing PhD research for Castleton Lit & Scientific Society.
- 25th July – 22nd August 2016 – Read & Feed, weekly creative writing and crafting sessions for young people at Smallbridge Library, Rochdale.
- 26th July 2016, Science Meets Poetry, part ofÂ Manchester European City of Science 2016, The John Rylands Library, Manchester.
- 25th June 2016, Song/Poetry for Revealing the Roch festival, Rochdale.
- 24th, 28th & 30th June 2016, Stone Glass Wood KS2 poetry workshops in partnership withÂ The John Rylands Library, Manchester.
- 21st June 2016, ‘Poetics of Place | Place Poetics’, creative-critical workshop at AHRC Common Ground, University of York
- 2nd June 2016, ‘Mapping Our Place’ creative writing session for Touchstones Creative Writing
- 17th April 2016,Â Â Sunday Funday storytelling and song for Manchester Children’s Book Festival (Sadko & Volga Matushka), Manchester Central Library.
- 22nd & 23rd January 2016, played Prince Charming inÂ Cinderella for theÂ Didsbury Players’ annual pantomime.
- 3rd Dec, ‘Everyday Magic’ creating writing session for Touchstones Creative Writing Group
- 25th Oct, reading from Lancashire Folk Tales as part of Rochdale Literature Festival Fringe.
- 5th March, one of the headline poets at Loose Muse, 3MT, Manchester.
- 24 – 25th Jan, played The Narrator in Puss in Boots for the Didsbury Players’ pantomime.
- 16th November, Workshop on “wild writing”, NAWE Conference, Bristol.
- 23rd & 24th Aug, The Frog Princess and other stories, Greenbelt Festival, Boughton House, Northamptonshire.
- 31st July – 3rd Aug, The Frog Princess storytelling. Green Gathering Festival, Cheptstow, Wales.
- 6th & 7th June, played Miss Prism in The Importance of Being Earnest for the Didsbury Players’ spring production.
- 14th April, Reading at Carol Ann Duffy & Friends, Royal Exchange, Manchester.
Poetry with George Alaimo & Richy Campbell, Liz Venn, the Poet Laureate and Daljt Nagra.
- 12th March, Loose Muse Anthology book launch, 3MT Manchester. One of the poets to perform pieces published in this excellent feminist anthology.
- 3rd March, Loose Muse Manchester, poetry at this long-running and successful national feminist poetry night.
- 9th November, telling tales of Victorian Reddish and the stories of some characters buried in Willow Grove cemetery. Reddish, Stockport.
- 8th November, poetry showcase on Artipeeps blog.
- 27th Aug, poetry for Loungefest’s Eclectic – Poetry and Spoken Word. Contact Theatre, Manchester.
- August, ‘Wild Writes’: weekly workshops fusing biodiversity education and writing for young children and their families, in collaboration with Friends of Reddish Vale Country Park.
- 30th July, Stirred Poetry ‘Warm World’, co-headlined the long-running, feminist night. Three Minute Theatre, Manchester.
- 8th July, telling a true tale of an Effed Up love life. The Castle, Manchester.
- 5th June, Manchester Writing School end of year showcase, new pieces read at the International Anthony Burgess Foundation, Manchester.
- 17th – 18th May, wrote and directed Forte! and wrote Stars in Their Eyes, two original comedy dramas written for the Didsbury Players’ Spring production. Didsbury Cricket Club, Manchester.
- 26th – 28th April, CalypsoÂ storytelling chapter from The Odyssey, Mount Severn Activity Centre, Llanidloes, Wales.
- 4th Feb, reading poetry at Carol Ann Duffy & Friends, The Royal Exchange, Manchester.
- 25 – 26th Jan, played Dick Whittington’s mother in Dick Whittington for Didsbury Players, East Didsbury Methodist Church.
- Nov, reading poetry at the launch of Tongue in Cheek, Nexus cafe, Manchester.
- Oct, reading poetry at Stirred, Sandbar, Manchester.
- Sept, played Joyce in Last Tango in Didsbury for Didsbury Players, Didsbury Cricket Club.
- July, true life story telling at Tales of Whatever, The Castle, Manchester.
- April – May, ‘Postcards from Preston’: true life storytelling workshop mentoring, in partnership with Deafway and They Eat Culture.
- March, ‘Tales in the City’: non-traditional storytelling workshop, Manchester.
- Jan, played the giant’s housekeeper in Jack & The Beanstalk for Didsbury Players, Didsbury Cricket Club.
Prior to 2012
- May 2011, played Nanny Ogg in Wyrd Sisters for Didsbury Players, Didsbury Cricket Club.
- Jan 2011, wrote and performed in Robin Hood: Prince of Chorlton Ees for Didsbury Players, East Methodist Church.
- Oct 2010, poetry & song at West Midlands Vegan Festival. Wolverhampton Civic Hall.
- March – May 2010, ‘Energy Savers’: Sustainable Living & Creative Writing, in partnership with AfSL, Creative Partnerships and a primary school in Heaton Moor.
- Jan 2010, played Diastema (an ugly sister) in Cinderella for Didsbury Players, East Didsbury Methodist Church.
- Jan 2009, poetry at Little Green, Jam Street Cafe, Manchester.
- October 2008, performance poetry at How Many Poets Does it Take to Change a Lightbulb?, Manchester Comedy festival, Deaf Institute, Manchester.
- August 2008, performance poetry at Poetry for Pride, Taurus Bar, Manchester.
- 7th May 2008, performance poetry at the Hammer & Tongue final, The Vaults, Oxford.
- Oct 2007, poetry & song at West Midlands Vegan Festival, Wolverhampton
- Sept 2007, poetry & song at London Vegan Festival.