- Bailey, J. & England, D. (2014) Lancashire Folk Tales. Stroud: The History Press.
Conferences & Symposia
- Two shared writing workshops NAWE, 10th & 12th November 2017
- Everyday Magic and Mythical Maps, creative-critical workshop for the annual NAWE Conference, 12th November, 2016
- ‘Maps: Making Meaning or Making Myth. Exploring Rochdale Cartographies’ outreach session sharing PhD research for Castleton Literary & Scientific Society, 21st October 2016.
- ‘Does Everywhere Have Stories? Researching the literary geographies of Rochdale, Greater Manchester’, poster presentation at the ialeUK conference, 7 – 9th September 2016
- ‘Poetics of Place | Place Poetics’, creative-critical workshop at AHRC Common Ground, University of York, 21st June 2016.
- Poster presentation: Does Everywhere Have Stories? Researching the literary geographies of Rochdale, Greater Manchester presented at the Arts & Humanities Postgraduate Conference (AHRC North West Consortium Doctoral Training Partnership’s annual conference), Keele University, 12 – 13th October 2015.
- Inside and outside place: representations of race in the literature of Rochdale presented at ‘Contested Spaces |Shared Places.’ Manchester Metropolitan University (Cheshire), 9th July 2015.
- “Underground Manchester”: poo, punk, Peterloo, and poetry in a city of palimpsests presented at the ASLE 11th Biennial Conference in Moscow, Idaho, 23rd – 27th June 2015. Generously supported by (Manchester Metropolitan University Cheshire).
- Putting literature in place and place into literature: the literary geographies of Rochdale paper presented at PGR Humanities Symposium, Keele University, 9th June 2015.
- A Rochdale Gothic: re-imagining the Gothic in a post-industrial borough creative/critical paper and storytelling sessions at Re-imagining the Gothic Symposium, University of Sheffield, 9th May 2015.
- ‘Protactinium’ in My Dear Watson – the Very Elements of Poetry anthology edited by Rebecca Irvine, 2015
- ‘Matilda’ in Stirred Poetry: Eugenia Loli ekphrastic poem
- ‘Polar Bear Hunting’ and ‘The Owl and The Raven: An Inuit Legend’ in Loose Muse Spring 2014 Anthology
- ‘When the piece is over please don’t forget to applaud’ on Royal Philharmonic Society Website’s Notes Into Letters project (2013)
- ‘How to say I love you in an age of technological indifference’ and ‘Olympian’ in blankpages 46, (Blank Media Collective, 2012)
- ‘Snowflakes’ on the 2011 Poetry Advent Calendar
- ‘Epitaph’ a sequence poem in Electric Sky Anthology (Bad Language Manchester, 2011),
- ‘Leaves’ and ‘Closure’ in Best of Manchester Poets volumes 1 and 3 (Puppywolf, 2010 & 2013),
- ‘Dancing on Ice’ Hammer & Tongue Climate Change CD Recording (Hammer & Tongue, 2008)
- ‘Green to Gold’ in The Nail Poetry Magazine (Oxford-based zine published by Dave Todd, 2005)
- ‘The Beast’ in Monsters edited by Sarah Grace Logan, 2013.
- ‘Veins that carried blood and water’, first prize for Manchester Climate Monthly short story competition, 2013.
- Forte! and Stars in Their Eyes two short plays written for the Didsbury Players. Performed in 2013.
- Robin Hood: Prince of Chorlton Ees pantomime writted for the Didsbury Players. Performed in 2011.
I currently write book reviews for Starburst Science Fiction Magazine. I have written for various publications including: Ethical Consumer (Climate Change page), Wild Times – the RSPB Children’s Magazine (‘Springtime Singtime’), D+C Journal (‘Vague, Voluntary and Unenforceable: The Global Compact’), and Corporate Watch (various pieces around corporate power, public services privatisation, and gold mining). I have also written song lyrics for Vanessa Lewis, a singer-songwriter based in Bath, UK.